Monday, November 17, 2014

The Next New Thing

New media has replaced most of old media and is now dominantly used in our society. I would like to suggest a new type of new media that does not exist yet. Apps are being created everyday is considered the new media in our society. I would like to suggest a new app that could be useful and has yet to be established. If someone reading this can actually create it, it would be great. The app I'm thinking of would allow people to display their phone or tablet screen onto the TV. Currently I know of two companies that has this function which is Apple and Verizon but both companies require the purchase of an additional device. My idea is different in which no other device is require besides your phone or tablet and a TV. This way users can display their content on any TV they desire without having to bring the additional device everywhere. People can watch their content on to a bigger screen. Whether it's a video, music, pictures, presentation or even a video game, it would be awesome to have on a bigger screen. This app can be helpful for those who have bad eye sight since they can see the screen in a bigger display. Also, if the TV supports High Definition then it would display the content in a higher resolution. It's just an idea, but wouldn't it be great if someone can make it happen?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would be a very useful device. It will be time efficient such that there will be no cords or additional device to plug in. Also, it will be convenient for watching things on the big screen because there will be no hassle. I have a feeling that a few years from now, this device will definitely be made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with both you and Emily. It seems like it's on the cusp of happening. I can already wirelessly "beam" my laptop to my TV, so everything else is just a matter of time. I am convinced Apple will build their own TV on their path to world domination and everything will be seamlessly synced in the cloud and each device will work in cohesion.

    ReplyDelete