Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Advice

New media is currently rising and a lot of people rely more on it than old media. If Baruch College were to hire me to improve the college with new media, I would try to incorporate more videos into class lectures. Since our society relies so much on technology and social media, students may learn better. Students would be more interested in the course. The videos of course are related to the lecture but shall be somewhat entertaining so students may remember the lecture better. Also the lectures should be recorded as well, so students who missed the class or want to review the lecture can do so. It would be very helpful and maybe, students will score higher on exams.

2 comments:

  1. WOW what a great advice! I love it! about 85% of the professors that i had in the pass are a bore. I agree to have more video based lectures because they are more interesting. Moreover, i agree on having the lecture be recorded because students can always go back to the lecture videos to clarify what was confusing in class to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the idea of lectures being recorded is really really helpful for professors who have exams where information comes from class lectures. However I think this would put at risk the traditional classroom note taking procedure which has proven to be effective so changing this would be quite risky. As far as videos during lectures I think that's a great idea as well but personally speaking, I know I rarely pay attention to videos when shown in class lol

    ReplyDelete